Welcome to our page! Here you will be getting all the information related to digital thermometers, especially the best Infrared Thermometer. You will be learning here two things; namely
- What are digital thermometers? and
2. What are Infrared Thermometers?
Moreover, you will be getting some detailed information regarding some of the bestsellers Infrared Thermometers that are available on Amazon here as well. Therefore, without wasting any time just scroll down below and read the full article…
When we refer to a normal mercury thermometer which is available in the market, it is usually a device that measures temperature or a temperature gradient.
A thermometer has two important elements (i) a temperature sensor (ii) means of some change which convert into a numerical value. Thermometers are widely used in technology and industry.
However as compared to the mercury thermometer a digital thermometer is the most accurate and quickest way to take a temperature. Digital thermometers are easily available in most drug stores and pharmacies. A digital thermometer usually costs around 420 rupees to 1400 rupees approximately and friendly to your pocket. It is important to follow package instructions while we use any thermometer.
A digital thermometer can be used in three different methods. These include
1. Oral method: — In this method the thermometer is placed under the tongue. This method can be used for adults and children who are able to hold the thermometer in mouth.
2. Rectal: — In this method, the thermometer is inserted gently into the rectum. This is mostly done in babies under 3 years of age.
3. Axillary: — under this method, the thermometer is placed in the armpit for young children or adults whose temperature can’t safely be done orally. This method is not as accurate as oral or rectal but can be used as a quick first check
(IR) THERMOMETER / NON CONTACT INFRARED THERMOMETER
An infrared thermometer is a thermometer which infers temperature from a portion of the thermal radiation sometimes called black-body radiation emitted by the object being measured. A laser is usually used to help aim the thermometer that’s why they are called laser thermometers or non-contact thermometers or temperature guns to describe the ability to measure temperature from distance.
According to some research infrared or no contact thermometers are just as accurate as oral or rectal thermometers. They are proving to be quite safe, quick and accurate especially in the present scenario of pandemic situation. With a one-touch button we can adjust the settings to get accurate readings.
Usually 98.6 degree F is considered as the normal temperature but through IR thermometer it can be within a certain range [from 97 oF (36.1 oC) to 99 oF (37.2 oC)]
Some of the best Infrared thermometers are :
1. Vandelay Infrared Thermometer – (Listed in Best Infrared Thermometer)
(With 3 years Sensor Warranty – MADE in INDIA – Non Contact IR Thermometer, Forehead Temperature Gun)
MRP – Rs. 2,999.00
Discounted Price at Amazon: Rs.1,499.00
You Save: Rs. 1,500.00 (total 50%)
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required|
|Power Source Type||Battery Powered|
|Product Dimensions||15.5 x 9.6 x 4.3 cm; 140 Grams|
2. Omron MC 720 Non Contact Digital Infrared Forehead Thermometer (Listed in Best Infrared Thermometer)
(With 1 Second Quick Measurement, 3 in 1 Measurement Mode, Auto On/off & Backlight)
MRP – Rs. 2,990.00
Discounted Price at Amazon: Rs.2,279.00
You Save: Rs. 711.00 (total 24%)
|Brand Name||OMRON Healthcare India PVT Ltd.|
|Batteries||1 CR123A batteries required.|
|Manufacturer||RADIANT Innovation Inc.|
|Item model number||MC-720_Omron _AW|
|Product Dimensions||15.5 x 4.6 x 15.5 cm; 90 Gram|
|Item Weight||90 g|
3. Beurer 79518 Infrared Multi Functional Thermometer (Listed in Best Infrared Thermometer)
(with 6 in 1 Function 65 ft. White)
MRP – Rs. 8,999.00
Discounted Price at Amazon: Rs.2,399.00
You Save: Rs. 6,600.00 (total 73%)
|Item Weight||222 grams|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required (included)|
|Product Dimensions||14 x 3.8 x 4.6 cm; 222.26 Grams|
|Country of Origin||Germany|
4. Dr Trust (USA) Clinical Digital Non Contact Infrared Forehead Thermometer Gun (Listed in Best Infrared Thermometer)
(for Fever, Body Temperature – 610, Blue)
MRP – Rs. 5,000.00
Discounted Price at Amazon: Rs.2,499.00
You Save: Rs. 2,501.00 (total 50%)
|Item Weight||700 grams|
|Response Time||1000.0 milliseconds|
|Size||Thermometer – 610|
|Brand Name||Dr Trust|
|Part Number||Dr Trust|
|Batteries||2 AAA batteries required. (included)|
|Product Dimensions||9.2 x 5.3 x 17 cm; 700 Grams|
|Country of Origin||India|
5. Braun Thermoscan 7 IRT6520 Thermometer (Listed in Best Infrared Thermometer)
(With Bonus 40 ThermoScan Lens Filters)
MRP: Rs. 19,500.00
Discounted Price at Amazon: Rs. 13,499.00
You Save: Rs. Rs.6001.00 (total 31%)
|Response Time||1.0 seconds|
|Batteries||2 AA batteries required.|
|Package Dimensions||25.3 x 21.4 x 6.2 cm; 372 Grams|
|Country of Origin||USA|
Steps of use (Best Infrared Thermometer)
- The thermometer should be clean and dry.
- Switch on and set the reading to Centigrade or Fahrenheit as per preference.
- Check multifunctional mode if available and adjust the settings as required.
- Choose the body part to measure the temperature (Usually a covered part like the wrist or armpit is technically better as it is less effected by outside environment unlike forehead).
- Point the IR Thermometer to the chosen body part and wait for the beep or a steady reading.
In order to check the temperature, held the IR device approximately 1 inch (2-3 cm) from the center of the wrist to capture just the wrist temperature and not the temperature of other surrounding objects when taking a reading. Do not move the thermometer until you hear the final beep.
Sadly, there has been a lot of myths connected to the use of infra-red thermometers. Some of them are scientifically insignificant. So before you make a conclusion read this Times of India article (Click here)